Is your kid’s birthday approaching? If so, you might be confused about how to organise your child’s birthday party. Here are some cool ideas to make it a blast.
The first question in your mind might be, “What games would be best?” and “Where do I start?” A good starting point is to consider the age of your child. Do a bit of research on children’s birthday party games for the age group of your child and his guests, and you can be assured that they will be entertained.
Generally, children’s birthday party games can be categorised as:
- Indoor games
- Outdoor games, or
- Classic games
There are many types of indoor games that can be conducted for children’s birthday parties. A few ideas are: singing competitions, memory games and interactive games such as Twister®. With a little imagination you can arrange indoor games according to the theme of the birthday party. For example, if your children’s birthday party theme is about wearing funny dresses, then you can make a game out of selecting Mr. and Mrs. Funny.
Outdoor games often would be active, such as sports games. If you have enough space at your house, you can arrange for sports like baseball. Again, think about the age of the child when making your plans. Young children will love simple games such as running races. Older children will enjoy tog-o-war and three legged races.
Classic games such as Pin the tail on the Donkey, are always good fun for any age and will keep the children highly entertained. Offer some prizes to add a whole element of excitement and competition to the event. But don’t just offer prizes to the inner. In the pin the tail game, for example, you could offer a prize to the child who pinned the tail furthest away!
A good strategy for deciding on the games to be played at your child’s party is to think carefully about what your child and his friends like. So, if they are all keen football fans, plan games centred on this activity. For girls who are into fairies, you could create games such as ‘fastest fairy in the land (a running race), or pin the wings on the fairy (a twist on the donkey game). If you’re not quire sure what your child and his friends are into then just ask. Kids love to divulge their likes and dislikes to anyone who takes the time to listen.
Here are a few ideas of games that are very popular at children’s parties:
- Alphabet LIST game – Show some letters of the alphabet and then ask the kids to remember them. It’s a challenge, and they will all want to beat their friends.
- Balloon Target game – Throw balloons filled with water at a target. Great fun – but not recommended for indoors!
- Cat’s Lail game – Attach long tails to the back of the kid’s trousers and let them chase each other around and try to ‘catch the tails’. It will be as entertaining to watch, as it is to participate in!
- Bucket and Sponge race – Another outdoor action game involving buckets, sponges and lots of water. It’s a fun game and will be a complete entertainer.
- Blind Man’s Buff – an oldie but a goodie, and guaranteed to entertain. Definitely recommended.
So, what games are you choosing for your children’s birthday party?